Re: catalog access with reset GUCs during parallel worker startup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: catalog access with reset GUCs during parallel worker startup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Do we really need to reset GUCs to their boot value? Particularly for
> PGC_SIGHUP variables I don't think we can do that if we want to do
> RestoreGUCState() in a transaction.  It'd obviously involve a bit more code,
> but it seems entirely possible to just get rid of the reset phase?

In an EXEC_BACKEND build, they're going to start out with those
values anyway.  If you're not happy about the consequences,
"skipping the reset" is not the way to improve matters.

Can we arrange to absorb the leader's values before starting the
worker's transaction, instead of inside it?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: New developer papercut - Makefile references INSTALL
От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: GetRelationPublicationActions. - Remove unreachable code