Re: Re: Add support for

От Pete Forman
Тема Re: Re: Add support for
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:> >> Actually, given your description of the problem, I'm half> >> inclined to revert the whole patch
andinstead make configure's> >> test for availability of <netinet/tcp.h> first include> >> <netinet/in.h>, so that that
configuretest will succeed on IRIX> >> etc.> > Pete,>   After looking at this I'm confused again.  The configure test>
consistsof seeing whether cpp will process> >     #include <netinet/tcp.h>> > without complaint.  I can well believe
thatthe full C compilation> process will generate errors if <netinet/tcp.h> is included without> also including
<netinet/in.h>,but it's a little harder to believe> that cpp alone will complain.  Could you double-check this?> > It
wouldbe useful to look at the config.log file generated by the> configure run that's reporting tcp.h isn't found.  It
should>contain the error messages generated by failed tests.

On IRIX 6.5.5m I get the following error.  The header <standards.h> is
included by (nearly!) all of the standard headers.  It is the IRIX
equivalent of config.h if you will.

In order to preprocess this test on IRIX a system header such as
<stdio.h> must precede <netinet/tcp.h>.  The logical choice of header
to use is <netinet/in.h> as tcp.h is supplying values for levels
defined in in.h.

This is an IRIX bug but I think that we need to work around it.

configure:4349: checking for netinet/tcp.h
configure:4359: cc -E   conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
cc-1035 cc: WARNING File = /usr/include/sys/endian.h, Line = 32 #error directive:  "<standards.h> must be included
before<sys/endian.h>."

 #error "<standards.h> must be included before <sys/endian.h>."  ^
configure: failed program was:
#line 4354 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <netinet/tcp.h>

--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent

От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: Re: AW: BLERe: AW: AW: relation ### modified while in use
От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: AW: BLERe: AW: AW: relation ### modified while in u se