Re: citext like query and index usage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: citext like query and index usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tore Halvorsen <tore.halvorsen@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Tore Halvorsen escribi�:
>>> Is it possible to use an index for like queries on a citext column?

>> Hmm, I think this needs one of the *_pattern_ops indexes. �I'm not sure
>> if you can use the builtin ones with citext though.

> Looks like I'm stuck with lower(text_col) for now...

Afraid so --- there are special cases in the planner for LIKE, and that
code only knows about the built-in types.  Sometime we should figure out
how to push that logic out to datatype-specific code so it can be
more extensible.

От: Chris Barnes
Сообщение: Logging statements longer than 1000ms doesn't appear to work
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Logging statements longer than 1000ms doesn't appear to work