Re: question about security hole CVE-2006-2313 and UTF-8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: question about security hole CVE-2006-2313 and UTF-8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Albe Laurenz" <all@adv.magwien.gv.at> writes:
> It seems to me that UTF-8 databases are safe.

IIRC we determined that using UTF8 *on both the client and server sides*
is safe.  You can get burnt with combinations such as server_encoding =
UTF8 and client_encoding = SJIS (exposing PQescapeString's naivete),
or with client_encoding = UTF8 and server_encoding = anything else
(exposing the server's weak validity checking during conversion).

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: some question about deadlock
От: "ipig"
Сообщение: Re: some question about deadlock