Re: pgsql-server/src backend/storage/buffer/bufmgr ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/storage/buffer/bufmgr ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Not necessarily --- it could be out-of-disk-space, on at least some
>> filesystems.  More to the point, the important thing is not to commit a

> I assume the operating system is already allocating file system space
> during the write, and the sync is only forcing it to disk.

Not so --- as was pointed out later in the thread, neither NFS nor AFS
work that way, and there could be other cases.

In any case, I don't subscribe to the idea that we can just abdicate all
responsibility in case of hardware problems.  Yes, we do rely on a disk
to keep storing information once it's accepted it, but that doesn't mean
that it's okay to ignore write-failure reports.  We are failing to hold
up our end of the deal if we do that.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/storage/buffer/bufmgr ...
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/storage/buffer/bufmgr ...