pg_atoi: zero length string

От Larry Rosenman
Тема pg_atoi: zero length string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I know, it's late, and I assume this is intentional, but wanted to check:

on 7.2.3:
$ psql
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

ler=# \d     List of relations   Name     | Type  | Owner
-------------+-------+-------nat_dal_est | table | ler
(1 row)

ler=# create table z_test(t int);
CREATE
ler=# insert into z_test(t) values('');
INSERT 40606 1
ler=# select * from z_test;t
---0
(1 row)

ler=# \q
$
Connection to ler-freebie.iadfw.net closed.
$

on 7.3rc1:
$ psql
Welcome to psql 7.3rc1, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

ler=# create table z_test(t int);
CREATE TABLE
ler=# insert into z_test(t) values('');
ERROR:  pg_atoi: zero-length string
ler=# \q
$

This drive phpgroupware nuts...

(their code needs help, but).

LER

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Using the same condition twice
От: "Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Сообщение: Re: pg_atoi: zero length string