Re: is sync rep stalled?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: is sync rep stalled?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> wrote:
>> I'm happy with the docs saying (maybe some what more politely):
>> �Before configuring your master to be completly,
>> wait-fully-synchronous, make sure you have a slave capable of being
>> synchronous ready. �Because if you've told it to never be
>> un-synchronous, it won't be.

> How can we take a base backup for that synchronous standby? You mean
> that we should disable the wait-forever option, start the master, take
> a base backup, shut down the master, enable the wait-forever option,
> start the master, and start the standby from that base backup?

I think the point here is that it's possible to have sync-rep
configurations in which it's impossible to take a base backup.  That
doesn't seem to me to be unacceptable in itself.  What *is* unacceptable
is to be unable to change the configuration to another state in which
you could take a base backup.  Which is why "keep the config in a system
catalog" doesn't work.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Insertion of geometric type column with column[0], column[1] and etc.
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: levenshtein_less_equal (was: multibyte charater set in levenshtein function)