backend crashing with INTERSECT / ORDER BY

От Dirk Lutzebaeck
Тема backend crashing with INTERSECT / ORDER BY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
So I tried INTERSECT with ORDER BY and it crashes on 6.5 and 6.5.1:

[csmaster@kamet release0]$ psql cs1
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: cs1

cs1=> SELECT envelope FROM docobj
cs1-> WHERE attrid=5
cs1-> INTERSECT
cs1-> SELECT envelope FROM docobj
cs1-> WHERE attrid=6
cs1-> ORDER BY attrid DESC
cs1-> ;
        before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is impossible.  Terminating.

Any clues?

Dirk

От: Petter Reinholdtsen
Сообщение: PostgreSQL order of evaluation
От: Martin Weinberg
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: Maximum filesize of one file]