Need help in reclaiming disk space by deleting the selected records

От Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS
Тема Need help in reclaiming disk space by deleting the selected records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

I am a beginner in Postgresql and Databases. I have a requirement that reclaiming disk space by deleting the rows in a selected time span.  I went through the documents and articles to know how to get the table size (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Disk_Usage

But before let the user delete, I have to show the size of the records size in the selected time span.  But here I don’t know how to calculate the selected records size.
In addition to this, I assume that after deleted the records I have to run VACUUM FULL command to reclaiming the space( Please correct me if I am wrong or let me know the best approach) .

The table looks like this

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "SN_SamplTable"
(
  "ID" integer NOT NULL,
  “Data” integer,
  "CLIENT_COUNT_TIMESTAMP" timestamp without time zone
);

Please help me to how to proceed on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar.

От: Alex Lai
Сообщение: Re: Planner forces seq scan when select without quoting its values
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Fixing or diagnosing Canceled on identification as a pivot, during write