Re: Documentation for SET var_name FROM CURRENT

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Documentation for SET var_name FROM CURRENT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Johnston wrote
> A paragraph cross-referencing where SET sub-commands exist has merit but
> since the main SET command does not accept FROM CURRENT it (FC) should not
> be included in its page directly.

It is strange that this actually does work - at least in 9.0 - given that
SET ... FROM CURRENT does not seem to have any usage outside of its
interaction as part of the CREATE FUNCTION command.

Is there some use-case I am not seeing?

Since the command works I would agree that it should be provided in the
syntax section for "SET" and that a comment be added that says generally
that its presence is an historical artifact and has no real use as part of
the top-level command.  Its intended use is in conjunction with the CREATE
FUNCTION command.  Alternative wordings to describe uses I am not seeing are
good too.

David J.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: SSI freezing bug
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: logical changeset generation v6.1