Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
If we are going to add ALTER SYSTEM, then I'd like to consider recasting
ALTER ROLE ALL SET in terms of ALTER SYSTEM as well, because the ALTER
ROLE ALL syntax was a hack.  At least it should be possible to consider
various levels of "system".  Who knows, maybe a future version will
allow propagating settings to standby servers?  I don't know what a good
terminology would be, but let's keep some options open.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])