Re: 9.1 vs 8.4 performance

От salah jubeh
Тема Re: 9.1 vs 8.4 performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Guys,

Thanks for reply, and sorry for late response. Here is more details.

1. Both servers  are installed on parallel on the same machine, so there is no difference in Hardware.
2. Both servers have the same configuration setting except the ports (5432 and 5433).
3. I have run VACUUM ANALYSE  command on both databases  and no change in performance for both of them.
4. The execution plans are certainly different, I tried to use diff and the graphical representation pg-admin but the execution plan is a around 1700 lines, this is why I did not post them.

I have noticed that,  the filter location varies whe run the same queries using the two servers. In 8.4 the execution plan is mostly filter then join. In 9.1 join and then filter. But this is just a rough overview.

Regards

From: "Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>; salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] 9.1 vs 8.4 performance

One thing I sometimes forget to do after loading up an empty DB with data is to run "analyze".  I usually "remember" once I see poor query performance, run the analyze, and its fixed.

От: Daniele Varrazzo
Сообщение: Python mapping with new 9.2 data types
От: Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com
Сообщение: Timeline switch problem with streaming replication with 3 nodes