Re: Schema version management

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Schema version management
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On lör, 2012-07-07 at 17:18 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sure.  You need not look further than "/" to find an operator name that
> absolutely *will* cause trouble if it's dumped into a filename
> literally.

But that problem applies to all object names.

> If we think that operators outside of extensions will be an infrequent
> special case, what about just dumping all of them into a single file
> named "operators"?  And similarly for casts?

If we think they are an infrequent case, why make a fuss about it?  Just
treat them like any other object.

In practical terms, I dislike the particular solution proposed here.
For one thing, it would undermine the original purpose of this whole
thread, namely insulating dump output files from ordering differences.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Schema version management
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: regex_fixed_prefix() is still a few bricks shy of a load