Re: [PERFORM] Feature request: smarter use of

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Feature request: smarter use of
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
John Siracusa <siracusa@mindspring.com> writes:
> ...  Actually, I'm still not sure how you
> can conclude that foo is not null simply by seeing func(..., foo, ...) where
> func() is strict.  Do strict functions and operators simply not allow null
> args?

That was what the comments were about ;-).  A "strict" operator is one
that always returns NULL if any input is NULL.  This does guarantee that
the WHERE condition will fail, but it takes a bit of analysis to see
that the implication is valid.

> Here's hoping that my next performance enhancement suggestion will be
> complex enough that no one will entertain the thought of asking me for a
> patch... ;)

I had quite the opposite motivation in mind in asking you to prototype
this ;-) ...

От: John Siracusa
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Feature request: smarter use of
От: John Gray
Сообщение: contrib/xml2 function name change and minor bitrot fix