Re: patch: bytea_agg

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: patch: bytea_agg
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2011-12-23 at 19:51 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On ons, 2011-12-21 at 11:04 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > this patch adds a bytea_agg aggregation.
> >
> > It allow fast bytea concatetation.
>
> Why not call it string_agg?  All the function names are the same between
> text and bytea (e.g., ||, substr, position, length).  It would be nice
> not to introduce arbitrary differences.

Here is a patch to do the renaming.  As it stands, it fails the
opr_sanity regression test, because that complains that there are now
two aggregate functions string_agg with different number of arguments.
It seems to me that that test should really only complain if the common
argument types of the two aggregates are the same, correct?

Вложения

От: Jay Levitt
Сообщение: Re: Switching to Homebrew as recommended Mac install?
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: patch: improve SLRU replacement algorithm