Re: SSI rw-conflicts and 2PC

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: SSI rw-conflicts and 2PC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 19:32 -0500, Dan Ports wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:27:58AM -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

+1.

I don't even see this as much of a problem. Prepared transactions
hanging around for arbitrary periods of time cause all kinds of problems
already. Those using them need to be careful to resolve them quickly --
and if there's a crash involved, I think it's reasonable to say they
should be resolved before continuing normal online operations.

> Hmm, it occurs to me if we have to abort a transaction due to
> serialization failure involving a prepared transaction, we might want
> to include the prepared transaction's gid in the errdetail.

I like this idea.

Regards,Jeff Davis

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: leakproof
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade --logfile option documentation