Re: type privileges and default privileges

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: type privileges and default privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2011-11-09 at 00:21 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Let me put this differently.  Should we either continue to hardcode the
> > default privileges in the acldefault() function, or should we instead
> > initialize the system catalogs with an entry in pg_default_acl as though
> > ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES GRANT USAGE ON TYPES TO PUBLIC; had been
> > executed?
>
> If you're proposing to replace acldefault() with a catalog lookup,
> I vote no.  I think that's a performance hit with little redeeming
> social value.

No, I'm pondering having pg_default_acl initialized so that newly
created types have explicit USAGE privileges in their typacl column, so
acldefault() wouldn't be needed.  (And builtin types would have their
typacl initialized analogously.)  I suppose this is how we might have
done it if we had invented ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES first.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pl/python custom datatype parsers
От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt