Re: proposal: psql concise mode

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: proposal: psql concise mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mar nov 08 01:25:31 -0300 2011:

> But I can't help feeling that as we continue to add more features,
> we've eventually going to end up with our backs to the wall.  Not sure
> what to do about that, but...

What I've imagined for a long time is psql being able to display each
row in more than one line; for example something like

\df
                      Listado de funcionesEsquema |      Nombre       | Tipo de dato de salida | TipoTipos de datos de
argumentos

---------+-------------------+------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------public
| bt_metap          | record                 | normalrelname text, OUT magic integer, OUT version integer, OUT root
integer,OUT level integer, OUT fastroot integer, OUT fastlevel integer

| bt_page_items     | SETOF record           | normalrelname text, blkno integer, OUT itemoffset smallint, OUT ctid
tid,OUT itemlen smallint, OUT nulls boolean, OUT vars boolean, OUT data text

So it's not as horizontally-wasteful as expanded, but it's much more
readable than aligned.

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Disable OpenSSL compression
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: synchronous commit vs. hint bits