Re: Branch 1.14?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Branch 1.14?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 08:34 +0200, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> currently there are 10 versions of pgadmin for download
> (http://pgadmin.org/download/windows.php) available, which works with
> older versions. if someone likes to manage an older version he can
> download an older client.
> there are no tests of current releases against older versions of
> postgresql, so why we should keep the code?

Because we don't fix bugs in older releases? and so, anyone not using
the current stable release is almost sure to find bugs in it. You can't
say to a user: "You've bumped into a bug? get the latest stable
release... oh, wait, you're on 8.0, right? too bad, you're screwed."

People don't like to manage old releases of PostgreSQL. They mostly
don't have the choice.

Sorry, still -1.

--
Guillaume