Re: [100% SPAM] Re: Memory usage per postmaster process

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [100% SPAM] Re: Memory usage per postmaster process
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?UTF-8?B?R3J6ZWdvcnogVGHFhGN6eWs=?= <goliatus@polzone.pl> writes:
> Did tsearch2 dictionary caching implementation improve after 8.3 on this
> matter?

Well, there was this:

Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Branch: master Release: REL9_1_BR [3e5f9412d] 2010-10-06 19:31:05 -0400

    Reduce the memory requirement for large ispell dictionaries.

    This patch eliminates per-chunk palloc overhead for most small allocations
    needed in the representation of an ispell dictionary.  This saves close to
    a factor of 2 on the current Czech ispell data.  While it doesn't cover
    every last small allocation in the ispell code, we are at the point of
    diminishing returns, because about 95% of the allocations are covered
    already.

    Pavel Stehule, rather heavily revised by Tom

If you're not using ispell, it's not relevant, and I'm not sure whether
the savings were significant for anything but Czech.

От: Grzegorz Tańczyk
Сообщение: Re: [100% SPAM] Re: Memory usage per postmaster process
От: Gary Fu
Сообщение: Re: autovaccum task got cancelled