Re: How to avoid dead rows in tables.

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: How to avoid dead rows in tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6 August 2018 09:04:45 CEST, Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi All,
>

>auto vacuum is enabled in our database. But few of the tables contains
>the
>dead tuples more than 5,000 records. Number of dead rows are keep on
>increasing day by day if we didn’t perform the vacuum full. Monthly
>once we
>are performing vacuum full by stopping application server process.
>Later we
>are restarting the application server process.
>

>How to avoid accumulating the dead tuples for those tables. Is there
>any
>other approach to remove the dead tuple’s without vacuum full/down
>time.
>

>Note:- We are using the postgres version 9.2

You can tweak the autovacuum-settings, per default autovacuum will run if the table contains more than 20% + 50 dead
tuples.

Regards,Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company

От: Raghavendra Rao J S V
Сообщение: How to avoid dead rows in tables.
От: Alexandru Lazarev
Сообщение: Re: Who and How is responsible for released installations packagesand 3rd party packs? (e.g. on https://yum.postgresql.org/9.6/redhat/rhel-7.3-x86_64/)