shmget error text reports funny max_connections numbers

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема shmget error text reports funny max_connections numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Since MaxBackends is actually max_connections + autovacuum_max_workers +
1, when you get an error message from shmget() it will tell you

"reduce ... its max_connections parameter (currently 104)"

when you actually set

max_connections = 100

This looks a bit silly.

Should we just make the error messages report MaxBackends -
autovacuum_max_workers - 1, or is it worthwhile calling out
autovacuum_max_workers separately?

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Why do we have a database specification in .pgpass?
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: leaky views, yet again