Re: High Availability with Postgres

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: High Availability with Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 23:08 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:

> The hard part of shared storage failover is always solving the "shoot
> the other node in the head problem", to keep a down node from coming
> back once it's no longer the active one.  In order to do that well,
> you really need to lock the now unavailable node from accessing the
> storage at the hardware level--"fencing"--with disabling its storage
> port being one way to handle that.  Figure out how you're going to do
> that reliably in a way that's integrated into a proper cluster
> manager, and there's no reason you can't do this with PostgreSQL.

FWIW, I know a prod instances that has 4 PostgreSQL servers (on 4
different hardware, I mean) running on Red Hat Cluster Suite, and it has
been running more than 2 years w/o any issues. The only issues were
related to RHCS+HP hardware, but as of RHEL 5.5, all issues are
resolved.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Вложения

От: Shoaib Mir
Сообщение: Hot Standby switchover
От: mai fawzy
Сообщение: How to flatten a database table