Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 00:47 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> That just doesn't sound that bad to me, especially since the proposed
> alternative is:
>
> - Queries will get cancelled like crazy, period.
>
> Or else:
>
> - Replication can fall infinitely far behind and you can write a
> tedious and error-prone script to try to prevent it if you like.
>
> I think THAT is going to tarnish our reputation.

Yes, that will.

There is no consensus to remove max_standby_delay.

It could be improved with minor adjustments and it makes more sense to
allow a few of those, treating them as bugs.

От: Nikhil Sontakke
Сообщение: Re: possible memory leak with SRFs
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: LogStandbySnapshot (was another thread)