Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I've added a simple regression test to postgres_fdw, testing that batch
>>> sizes > 65535 work fine, and pushed the fix.

>> I was earlier thinking of adding one, but stopped because it might
>> increase the regression test execution time. It looks like that's true
>> - with and without the test case it takes 17 sec and 4 sec
>> respectively on my dev system which is 4X slower. I'm not sure if this
>> is okay.

> The cost, versus the odds of ever detecting a problem, doesn't
> seem like a good tradeoff.

I took a quick look and noted that on buildfarm member longfin
(to take a random example that's sitting a few feet from me),
the time for contrib-install-check went from 34 seconds before
this patch to 40 seconds after.  I find that completely
unacceptable compared to the likely value of this test case.

От: "houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: [bug?] Missed parallel safety checks, and wrong parallel safety
От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: locking [user] catalog tables vs 2pc vs logical rep