Re: WARNING: could not open statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/global.stat": Operation not permitted

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WARNING: could not open statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/global.stat": Operation not permitted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Perry Smith <pedz@easesoftware.com> writes:
> From within the container, files which I assume are created by
> PostgreSQL are ending up being owned by root rather than Postgres.

If it looks that way from *inside* the container, that's not good
--- wouldn't that prevent Postgres from reading the files?

> The reason I’m sending this note to the general list is to ask how bad
> is this error?  Some “solutions” are to make the pg_stat_tmp directory
> internal to the image and that somehow resolves the issue but I don’t
> think anyone really understands why and things like that bother me.  But
> I’m also curious if that appears to be a viable solution.  The result
> will be that when the Postgres is stopped and the container exited, the
> next time Postgres starts back up, the pg_stat_tmp directory will be
> gone.  Is that ok?

pg_stat_tmp exists specifically because it holds only temporary files,
cf

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/storage-file-layout.html

It's explicitly cleared out during server start.

The only reason to put it outside the data directory is to make it
*less* persistent than the rest of PG's files, say by putting it
on a RAM disk.  You sound like you've set it up to be *more*
persistent (ie outside the container not inside), which surely is
exactly backwards.

От: Perry Smith
Сообщение: WARNING: could not open statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/global.stat": Operation not permitted
От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: WARNING: could not open statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/global.stat": Operation not permitted