Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 09:32 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:

> If every patch perfectly matched the pgident style, then the pgindent
> run would change nothing and we would all be VERY happy.

I've made all whitespace changes to the patch.

I understand the reason for acting as you suggest, but we either police
it, or we don't. If we don't police in all cases then I'm not personally
happy to be policed.

About 90% of the whitespace in the patch were in docs, README or test
output files. A great many of that type of file have numerous line
ending whitespace, not introduced by me, so it seems to me that this has
never been adequately policed in the way you say. If we really do care
about this issue then I expect people to look a little further than just
my patch.

Portability of patches across releases isn't a huge issue for me, nor
for the project, I think, but I am willing to commit to cleaning future
patches in this way.

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: WAL Info messages
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?