Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Susan Joseph <sandajoseph@verizon.net> writes:
>  OK, when I went to PostgreSQL to get the rpm file to install I was given:
> yum install https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm
> I put the file  pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm in my /tmp directory and ran rpm -i on the file.

I think you've got a fundamental misunderstanding here.  That package is
not Postgres; it's just a config file that tells your dnf/yum installation
where it can download community Postgres RPMs from.

If you want to do this on a machine without an internet connection,
you need to get the actual Postgres RPMs from that repo and install
them manually with "rpm -i".  I don't recall which subdirectory on
download.postgresql.org has what you want, but if you can't find it
by browsing, a look into the installed yum config file should help.

> If I run rpm -qa | grep postgres
> I get postgresql-libs-9.2.24-4.el7_8.x86_64

This is a postgresql-libs package from Red Hat, not from the community.
There's nothing particularly wrong with Red Hat's packaging, except
that it tends to be well behind community releases because that's
what they think the RHEL distribution ought to be.  The main problem
from your perspective is the risk of confusion with the libraries that
community PG11 RPMs will bring in.  You might try a test deinstallation
of that RPM first, and see if it cascades to removing anything you can't
live without.

От: Susan Joseph
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux
От: Mohammed Bhatti
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux