Re: [COMMITTERS] Re: pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] Re: pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> So I'm thinking of something like this.
> Ignore ESDIR when opening a directory (and return immediately)
> and ignore EBADF when trying to fsync a directory.

Seems reasonable, but get rid of the comment "However we can't do this
just yet, it has portability issues"; and you've got a double semicolon
in one place.  It might also be worth commenting the BasicOpenFile calls
along the lines of "Many OSs don't let us open directories RDWR, while
some reject fsync on files opened RDONLY, so we need two cases."

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Simple fix for contrib/xml2
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration