Re: MIN() performance regression 8.0 -> 8.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: MIN() performance regression 8.0 -> 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Paul Lindner <lindner@inuus.com> writes:
> I believe I've found a performance regression between 8.0 and 8.1 for
> some cases.  For some queries it appears that the old MIN() ran much
> faster than the new optimized MIN().

When you are complaining about planner mistakes, showing EXPLAIN rather
than EXPLAIN ANALYZE output is an entirely ineffective way of making
your point.

I suspect the problem is that there is a correlation between the
moo_summary_date and moo_summary_b_id columns, which the planner
will not realize --- is that the case?

От: Christopher Kings-Lynne
Сообщение: Re: SERIAL type feature request
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Reducing relation locking overhead