Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> I tried to use memory mapped files (mmap) for clog and I think it should be also
> possible way. I got about 2% better performance, but it needs more testing.

If you only got 2% out of it, it's not even worth thinking about how to
fix the serious bugs that approach would create (primarily, lack of
control over when pages can get flushed to disk).

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
От: Staale Smedseng
Сообщение: Re: Why are we waiting?