Re: XML ouput for psql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: XML ouput for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> I like the idea of doing XML in psql --- it seems like a natural place
> for it.

Not really; what of applications other than shell scripts that would
like to get XML-formatted output?

There was some talk in the FE/BE protocol thread of adding hooks to
support more than one output format from the backend.  Much of the
infrastructure already exists (see DestReceiver in the backend); we
just need an agreement on the protocol.  On the whole I'd rather see
it done that way than burying the logic in psql.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Simplifying timezone support
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: XML ouput for psql