Re: configurability of OOM killer

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: configurability of OOM killer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I cannot see any way of restricting global memory
> consumption that won't hurt performance and flexibility.

We've discussed particular ways of doing this previously and not got
very far, its true. I think we need to separate problem identification
from problem resolution, so we can get past the first stage and look for
solutions.

This is my longest running outstanding problem with managing Postgres on
operational systems.

Sure, OOM killer sucks. So there's two problems, not one.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations
От: "Heikki Linnakangas"
Сообщение: Re: FW: bitemporal functionality for PostgreSQL