Re: Help required

От Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Тема Re: Help required
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Vijay!

Not 100% sure but Ubuntu should have the database set up similar to Debian on which it's based. This means, you can start the database via:
/etc/init.d/postgresql start
This should use the distribution specific startup scripts.

Greetings,
Matthias
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ravindran Vijaykumar R-AVR025
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 12:00 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Help required

Hi Friends,

I am using postgres 7.4.2 in Ubuntu linux...

when I run psql -l command, it says the following error....

postgres@host:~$ psql -l
psqll: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I have the backup database in the home folder, please update me, how should i make the database up...

rgds
vijay

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re:     H
От: "Marco Bizzarri"
Сообщение: Re: Storing images in PostgreSQL databases (again)