AW: Re: [SQL] Re: [GENERAL] lztext and compression rati os...

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Re: [SQL] Re: [GENERAL] lztext and compression rati os...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Maybe you just want to use zlib. Let other guys hammer out
> the details.

Yes, but zlib is slow, and has bad compression.
I think we want something fast with moderate compression,
maybe "lzo" if license or author permits.
The algorithm is patented for free use, the code is gpl'd,
but maybe we get something for our license from the
author.

Andreas

От: Philip Warner
Сообщение: Re: Progress report: intraquery memory recovery in executor
От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: Lessons learned on how to build 7.0.2 on AIX 4.x