Re: HouseKeeping and vacuum Questions

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: HouseKeeping and vacuum Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 09:35 +0100, Harald Armin Massa wrote:
> Ow Mun Heng,
>
>         The current issue which prompted me to do such housekeeping is
>         due to
>         long database wide vacuum time. (it went from 2 hours to 4
>         hours to 7
>         hours)
>
> If vacuum takes to long, you are doing it not often enough. You should
> use autovacuum, you should be able to express the delta between two
> vacuums in seconds or minutes, not hours or days.

autovacuum is already turned on and the threshold is at default
settings.

Perhaps I need to tune it to be more aggressive? how can I do that?

delta between 2 vacuums in seconds or minutes? that would be nice.

От: "Harald Armin Massa"
Сообщение: Re: HouseKeeping and vacuum Questions
От: Ashish Karalkar
Сообщение: Planner ignoring to use INDEX SCAN