Re: Request for replication advice

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: Request for replication advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 06:34 +1100, Brendan Jurd wrote:

> So, my question for the list is: is Slony + log shipping the direction
> I should be investigating, or is there something else out that I ought
> to consider?  My understanding of WAL-based replication is that the

This is certainly the direction to look at.  The speed of which
replication keeps on on a log shipped node is going to depend on the
frequency of inserts/updates/deletes, you class of hardware and network
connectivity.

You also need to be absolutely certain that long running queries and
'idle in transaction' transactions are minimized as much as possible (or
completely eliminated).  Anything that prevents vacuums from doing there
job properly is going to hurt a slony replica.

Oh, and regarding log shipping itself, I recommend waiting for the
release of 1.1.6 or 1.2.1, there is a fairly serious bug in the current
version that causes log shipping to fall over if you have more than 2
nodes in your config (not just log shipped nodes).

If you have more questions, please sign up for the Slony list.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Using GIN indexes on 8.2
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Request for replication advice