Re: Migration

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Migration
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 12:33 -0400, Daniel Corbe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I heard from a bunch of PHP guys that Postgres is total crap.  Can
> anyone recommend a guide for migrating to MySQL?

Someone's been reading that Rasmus interview.

OK, I don't have a complete guide, but I think the steps go something
like this:

1:  Turn off critical thought processes and stop thinking for yourself.
2:  Denormalize all your data ahead of time.
3:  Stop looking at tweakers.net benchmarks.
4:  Install MySQL 3.23.xx.  After all, you won't need any fancy
features.  MyISAM for ALL!
5:  Run your server on RAID0 on IDE drives with untested memory and CPU
6:  Backup by copying the files out from under the live running MySQL
server.
7:  Don't test your restores.
8:  Buy all your hardware based on the numbers on the packaging.  Pay no
attention to those people who actually test hardware.  They've obviously
been bought off.
9:  Say goodbye to data coherency...