Re: Generic Monitoring Framework Proposal

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Generic Monitoring Framework Proposal
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 19:36 -0400, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

> The idea of having intelligently placed dtrace probes in Postrgres
> would allow us
>  to troubleshoot[ing] obtuse production
> problems.  That, to me, is exciting stuff.
[paraphrased by SR]

I very much agree with the requirement here.

This needs to work on Linux and Windows, minimum, also.

It's obviously impossible to move a production system to a different OS
just to use a cool tracing tool. So the architecture must intelligently
handle the needs of multiple OS - even if the underlying facilities on
them do not yet provide what we'd like. So I'm OK with Solaris being the
best, just as long as its not the only one that benefits.

--  Simon Riggs EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: shall we have a TRACE_MEMORY mode
От: "Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD"
Сообщение: Re: sync_file_range()