Re: TOAST not working

От Angus Berry
Тема Re: TOAST not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ahhh... thank you. This clarifies TOAST for me. I see how TOAST applies
to individual columns that exceed the 8k page size.

Postgres specs state it's possible to have 2GB rows and up to 1,600
columns. Can you tell me what data type would get to fill this spec. I
wouldn't normally push to this limit, but I am expecting to have to
defend Postgres specs. to a 3rd party.

Questions like this also help me get to grips with Postgres internals.

thanks... Angus

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Pgpool-committers unsubscribe notification
От: "Greg Sabino Mullane"
Сообщение: GnuPG / PGP signed checksums for PostgreSQL 8.1.4, 8.0.8, 7.4.13, and 7.3.15