Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?

От dananrg@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> Have you tried Druid (http://druid.sourceforge.net/index.html) ?
> It does anything a good ERD designer do and it's free...

Thanks Bjorn. I have downloaded it but not tested it yet. I will test
it in the next few days. DIA doesn't seem like a good choice.

Did somebody say Druid can do forward engineering for PostgreSQL?

I'm a little concerned about stepping over dollars to pick-up pennies
so to speak. If Druid does about as much as the commercial diagramming
products do, then I will use it. However, if there is a non-open source
diagrammer that is USD $200 or less that does a lot more, or does what
it does a lot better - e.g. it makes me a lot more efficient, then I
would rather pay for the commercial tool.

What inexpensive (~USD $200 or less) ERD tools are out there, and are
they a lot more feature-rich than Druid?

Thanks.

Dana

От: "shakahshakah@gmail.com"
Сообщение: autovacuum, xid wraparound, pg_database column values
От: "Tim J. Hart"
Сообщение: What are the characteristics of a good user-defined data type