ALTER USER ..... PASSWORD ....

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема ALTER USER ..... PASSWORD ....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just wondering,

psql clinet tool loggs issued commands into ~/.psql_history, which is
VERY usefull. I exercise grep-ing the file extensively.

But when it comes to command like "ALTER/CREATE USER ... PASSWORD" I'd
rather have it NOT logged.

This is not a major issue, since there are workarounds - temporary
switching the logging off, etc. Still one have to keep thinking of that
and I have forgot occasionally, still there might be admins which don't
really care.

The implementation should be fairly simple for psql author (I guess :),
but I myself am not up to knowing if it really is. The problem looks
simple: psql-tool should filter away 'sensitive' sql-commands, before
putting them into the log? But the implementation is not so trivial,
since it should take into account not filtering: "ALTER TABLE 'user' add
column password text" and other such similarities, which should actually
be logged.

Comments?

--
-R

От: "Brian Mathis"
Сообщение: Problem with postgresql-docs-8.1.4-1PGDG.i686.rpm
От: "Andrus"
Сообщение: How to use index in case insensitive substing search