Re: Anti-critical-section assertion failure in mcxt.c reached by walsender

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Anti-critical-section assertion failure in mcxt.c reached by walsender
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Isn't this a good reason to have at least some tests run with fsync=on?

Why?

I can certainly see an argument for running some buildfarm animals
with fsync on (for all tests).  I don't see a reason for forcing
them all to run some tests that way; and if I were going to do that,
I doubt that 008_fsm_truncation.pl would be the one I would pick.
I think it's nothing but sloppiness that that one is out of step with
all the rest.

IMO, if a buildfarm owner sets fsync = off, they mean off.
They don't mean "maybe".

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Draft back-branch release notes are up
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: batch fdw insert bug (Postgres 14)