Re: IPC::Run::time[r|out] vs our TAP tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IPC::Run::time[r|out] vs our TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 05:24:05PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The particular thing that started me down this road was wondering
>> why we are getting no useful failure details from buildfarm member
>> tanager's struggles with the tab-completion test case added by commit
>> 927332b95 [1].

> Tom, would you like me to test your patch directly on the host?  That
> should be pretty quick, even if I've not yet checked if the failure is
> reproducible with a manual build, outside the buildfarm scripts.

If you have time, that'd be great.  What I suspect is that that
machine's readline isn't regurgitating the string verbatim but is
doing something fancy with backspaces or other control characters.
But we need to see what it's actually emitting before there's
much hope of adjusting the expected-output regex.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: IPC::Run::time[r|out] vs our TAP tests
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Built-in CTYPE provider