Re: function indexes, index only scan and sorting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: function indexes, index only scan and sorting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> writes:
> Thank you so much for posting this test.

> I got a seq scan on my local machine, so I checked the version... still running 9.2.4.
> I tried it on production (which is 9.3.x) and got the same result as you.

Hmm, well, I get the same result from 9.2.9, as well as every branch back
to 8.4 (too lazy to check further back).  Perhaps your 9.2.4 installation
is using non-default cost parameters that discourage the planner from
choosing this plan?

От: Jonathan Vanasco
Сообщение: Re: function indexes, index only scan and sorting
От: Guyren Howe
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] I did some testing of GIST/GIN vs BTree indexing…