Re: [Fwd: Backporting parts of databases from a 7.3 server to 7.2 : How ?]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Fwd: Backporting parts of databases from a 7.3 server to 7.2 : How ?]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Emmanuel Charpentier <charpent@bacbuc.dyndns.org> writes:
> However, this does *not* work between a 7.3-generated dump and a 7.2
> production server. The archiver complaints of an 'unknown archive format :
> "0"' (I'm quoting this from the top of my head : my production server is
> not reachable from the place I'm writing this).

In general, dumps from newer versions make use of SQL features that are
not in older versions; so it's more or less hopeless to expect backwards
compatibility of dumps.  I'm not sure why pg_dump's archive header
format changed, but even without that you'd be facing SQL-level
compatibility issues.

You could perhaps have some success by dumping as a text-format dump
(not -Fc or -Ft) and then editing the resulting file to dumb the SQL
down to 7.2's level.

От: Emmanuel Charpentier
Сообщение: [Fwd: Backporting parts of databases from a 7.3 server to 7.2 : How ?]
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: MOVE LAST: why?