Re: Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Randall Perry <rgp@systame.com> writes:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set in root & postgres login script, but strange things
> are happening with it. If I ssh into server using postgres account
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set. But if I su postgres from another account it isn't,
> though all other variables from login script are set ok.

Hm.  Not sure about Solaris, but on HPUX plain "su postgres" does not
run postgres' login script.  You have to do "su - postgres" to make that
happen.  Perhaps Solaris has some similar distinction?

Another question that comes to mind is did you remember to "export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH" in the script.

> If I switch back to 7.1.3, no problem.

Possibly the 7.1.3 build doesn't need libgcc (presumably because it was
compiled with Sun's compiler not gcc).

От: Patrick Welche
Сообщение: Re: Use of OIDS as primary keys
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Compiling