Re: error in compilation!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error in compilation!
Дата
Re: error in compilation!
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Currently looking through the rest of the patch.  I'm wondering
> about appendStringLiteral: maybe we should kill that entirely
> in favor of using PQescapeStringConn?  It's not nearly bright
> enough about encoding for instance (and it *will* be used in
> client-only encodings).

We could make an appendStringLiteralConn, which would do this correctly
for most of the utility programs.  However there's a problem for
pg_restore: it doesn't necessarily have a PGconn at all.  (Consider
the case of pg_restore producing text output.)

It seems that the alternatives are to export PQescapeStringInternal
from libpq, or to duplicate its functionality in appendStringLiteral.
Don't much like either, but perhaps the second is less bad.  Any
opinions?

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: anoncvs still slow
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Inefficient bytea escaping?