Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error

От robert
Тема Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error
Дата
Re: Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error  (Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm trying to hack my inserts script from mssql to work with postgres
8.1.9 - I can upgrade if need be. I'm getting this error:

psql -h localhost atdev < fuk2.sql
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe1204f
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".

I tried:

/var/lib/pgsql> recode ascii..utf8 fuk2.sql
recode: fuk2.sql failed: Invalid input in step `ANSI_X3.4-1968..UTF-8'

And also dos2unix , but nothing is working. 0xe1204f looks like a hex
address, and I'm trying hexdump to find what its complaining about,
but that's not helping either. Any ideas?

Robert

От: robert
Сообщение: Re: mssql migration and boolean to integer problems
От: Vincenzo Romano
Сообщение: Anomalia file FILBD.TXT