Re: Commercial binary support?

От Austin Gonyou
Тема Re: Commercial binary support?
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 17:02, Robert Treat wrote:
> I don't think *we* thought it was a hot button issue.. at least I
> certainly didn't when I initially responded.

Well, I hear that. I think this little exercise though, is good for the
community as a whole. It's a concern I think lots of business will have,
especially as more move *away* from oracle. We don't like paying them 2M
for just licensing, and then another 200+K for "support". that's for
approximately a 1 year contract. The thing you do get from "them"
though, is a CD and a support matrix. I think most support organizations
will get to that point, even for OSS, cause it makes troubleshooting and
support *mostly* easier. But NO, I don't want to see it closed.

> There is no need for you to
> apologize, in fact, I'll apologize for the list, we sometimes get a
> little heated on -hackers. Hopefully you've not been to startled by this
> outburst :-)

Thanks much, and certainly not startled. I just don't like inciting a
riot, if I wasn't trying to. ;) Thanks again all.

--
Austin Gonyou <austin@coremetrics.com>
Coremetrics, Inc.

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Commercial binary support?
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: ALTER COLUMN/logical column position